Re: I need some very basic help...

  • From: "Sean M McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 13:46:00 -0700

What you should do for further reference is unload one run jaws automatic
option then start the other.  If you can get windows booted up, have
someone go into ms-config andlook for the jfw entries under the startup
tab.  uncheck both of them.  You may have to get some help with going into
safe mode.  After these lines are unchecked, start your jaws 5, the old 5
and remove it's start automatic option.  Then go to jaws 5.1, start jaws
automatically.

"Beto Escobar III" <betoescobar3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/04/2004 01:11 PM
Please respond to jfw

        To:     "JFW List Serve" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:     "Freedom Scientific Support" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject:        I need some very basic help...

Hello--
I just found out today, 10/04/04, that there was a second update to JFW
5.0.  I went ahead and downloaded the update, but I don't know how to tell
the computer to switch from starting 5.00.833 to 5.1.  "Yes", I know there
was something which came-up during the instillation, and it gave me the
option to switch, but in the process of doing this, the computer froze!  I
waited to see if it would correct itself, but it did not.  As a result,
this is where I am now?  How do I fix the problem?  I do not want 5.0.1 to
start automatically, but I would want 5.1 to do it instead?  Am I making
any sense?

Secondly, I am using DECTalk Express, but I don't know how to tell JAWS I
want to use the DECTalk Express as my default speech engine, and not
Eloquence.  Lastly, in regards to setting up the voices in the DECTalk
Express, how can I change the voices JAWS uses automatically?  Is there
some way I can set it up that JAWS will use one particular voice in one
program I use frequently?  Has anybody ever done this?  Has anybody ever
written some scripts to have Eloquence use only one specific voice when
using one specific program?  I am wanting any and all the help I can get.
Please send it to me either on or off the list serve.  I will state to
everybody that the support staff at Freedom Scientific received a cc of
this very message as well.

Thanks, and waiting for your help!

Beto Escobar III