Re: How to generate Spanish characters?

  • From: "Flor Lynch" <florlync@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:57:29 +0100

Use up and down arrows as well as left and right.  Also, set JAWS Screen
Echo to All and set punctuation to All.  Look in the Ms Word, Insert
Symbols Dialogue, <Alt+I, <s>, and tab over
to Font: Edit, where if you arrow around you will find character symbols
plus their ANSI values.  Many of the special symbols have shortcut keys;
or, tabbing further on in that dialogued, you can assign your own
shortcut key.  C cedilla ç - for example - is ctrl+comma+c,
ctrl+comma+ShiftC, or ANSI 199 (uppercase), or ANSI231 (lowercase).  You
can type a character's ANSI value by: toggling numlock key on; press and
hold down the Alt key along with the numpad zero (Insert) key, then type
in the value using the numpad, and when done toggle numlock off.