JAWS goes silent in Word X P

  • From: <ptusing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 16:57:22 -0500

Hi,
After I  have been  using JAWS 5.0884 and my computer has lots of ram,
JAWS will stop reading  entirely in Word and as of today  will be  unloaded.
This does not happen on every Word X P  page  obviously.
When it happens, one must begin one's work again.
My Word settings are correct as suggested by key Word users on this list.
This  problem does  not happen with JAWS 4.5119 or ever before in earlier
versions.
Today's experience was different in that JAWS had   never been unloaded
before but did  return once the document was closed and all the work was
lost of course.
Yes I do periodic saves of documents.
This is frustrating as this  has happened 4 times in a row on the same
document.
I am editing materials  pasted into Word so  some typing   occurs.
Also  I am  usually up arrowing when JAWS goes totally silent.
Thanks in advance.
As I  use JAWS 4.51 and 5.0884    interchangeably, I would have noted this
problem longbefore if  ith ad  occurred before Word X P was  used.