Hotmail and things to come

  • From: "Selina Tholl" <dragon_blue_fire@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 11:40:05 -0500

Hi everyone,
I hope this isn't quite off subject but I recently had problems with Outlook
express and Hotmail after finally getting a response today I thought I would
send this on to the group as a warning of things to come.

Dear Selina,

Thank you for writing back.

This is Mary Ann and I have read your previous message with Erickson about
not being able to access your account thru Outlook Express.

First of all, I apologize for the delay in responding to your message.

I understand the convenience that this feature provides. As of September 27
2004, the protocol that allows Hotmail Customers to access their MSN Hotmail
account from within Outlook or Outlook Express (WebDAV) is no longer
available to any new users with free Hotmail accounts. Free users who are
already accessing their mail through Outlook and OE will continue to be able
to do so until late in the first quarter of 2005, after which time the
protocol will only be available as part of MSN email subscription services.
It is possible that during the time we were making these changes you may
have had problems accessing your email via Outlook or Outlook Express WebDAV
as part of the transition process.

So anyone with a hotmail account or if you know anyone you may want to warn
them to look else where as I have found their web page to be very
inacessable.

Selina

"As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone
in a godless, uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've
got to laugh, haven't you?"

- Holly

---