"Hotmail Live" & JFW accessibility

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:35:41 -0400

Hello fellow listers,

Are any of you having success with using JFW with the new Hotmail Live?

I tried to use it with JFW 7.0, and found it to be almost completely
inaccessible. When I attempted to compose a message, JFW was unable to read
the text I had typed into the message body while I was in forms mode. I was
able to rout JAWS to PC cursor to read the text, but that's a hassle.

I tried to include a file attachment, but couldn't find a link or button
anywhere, so I finally gave up.

I even tried switching to what they call the "classic Hotmail Live," hoping
it would be more accessible, but it was no better. Finally, I went to the
options page and switched back to the "MSN Hotmail" and that gave me back
the old familiar (and accessible) Hotmail. But about once each week, I am
being prompted after logging into my hotmail account, to either log into the
new Hotmail Live inbox, or click a button that says "Remind me later." I
fear that at some point, Microsoft is going to force everyone using the old
version of hotmail to switch to this inaccessible "Hotmail Live" version.

If any of you have figured out how to get this new version to work with
JAWS, could you please tell me how you did it? Thanks!

Alan