re: "Hotmail Live" & JFW accessibility

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:28:33 -0400

Eileen,

I'm not sure what you mean. Aren't you finding input fields for your user id
and password when you go to www.hotmail.com? If this is not the case, The
only reason I can think of for not being prompted to enter your user id and
password, would be that you configured hotmail to remember that information.
If you delete your browser's cookies, this should eliminate that problem,
and the next time you go to hotmail.com, it should prompt you for that
log-in information. Just make sure that you check the checkbox that says to
ask for your user id and password when you log in again.

After you get past the log-in, and try to compose a message, that is where
you will discover the real problems with Hotmail Live.

Alan

Eileen wrote:
How do you even log on?  There are no edit boxes to fill in userid or
password so how to you even get to those items in the first place to just
get into
Hotmail Live??

I am using JFW version 7 right now.
>>> "Alan Clendinen" <
alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
8/17/2007 4:09 AM >>>
Chris,

I'd prefer to stick with hotmail if there is a way to get this new "hotmail
live" version to work with JAWS. Has anyone been successful in accomplishing
this? If so, please speak up.

Alan

Chris wrote:

Guys, please switch to Gmail. Not only is the web interface is accessible,
especially in the basic HTML view, but you've also got practically unlimited
storage, and, in my view, it's much better than Hotmail in terms of
filtering spam. Also, unlike Hotmail, you can access Gmail via pop for free,
so if
you didn't like the web interface there's an alternative. You won't regret
switching. Just go to Google for more information and, if you want, create a
Google account or register for Gmail using your existing account. Hope that
helps!