Halting a PDF Accessibility Conversion

  • From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:39:10 -0500

Hi. A website links to a PDF file I need to forward to someone. When I click on
the link, I am immediately given the dialog for making a PDF file accessible to
a screenreader. I can find no way to download the document to my system, nor
can I interrupt the accessibility process. When I select "cancel," a message
appears: "Alert: Document unavailable." (As an aside, when I allow the process
to go forward, it never finishes.)

How can I suspend accessibility conversion so that the file is on my screen,
even though I might not be able to read it with JAWS, so that I can right-click
on it and locate the "send" option?