Re: HJ Pad or ?

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 13:54:31 -0700

Morey,

I've never tried HJ Pad, just because I couldn't figure out and never asked
anyone what makes it different, or sometimes more useful, than the built-in
Windows text processors, WordPad and Notepad, which I use instead of Word
for casual things that I don't intend to either print out or send out
formatted by email as attachments, for which purposes I use Word.  But so
far as I know, it's only Word that has things like the Word Count function
in the Tools menu, which, if you run a Word Count on all or part of a
document in Word, will give you a whole list of quantified info about the
file, which you can read (at least I do it this way) by switching to the
Jaws cursor.

I think that's what you're after, and I am sure WordPad and Notepad don't
offer that capability.  Don't know about HJ Pad.
It just occurred to me.  I wonder why they haven't renamed it FS Pad or
something like that.  The word "legacy" comes to mind....
Good luck.