Facebook, again

  • From: "JM Casey" <crystallogic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:51:47 -0500

Hello everyone.
I'm sure everyone's tired of facebook and all its ubiquity and quirks being
discussed on here, but I just got on board with the thing and am finally
figuring out how to use it best. I do find, like many screenreader-using folks
it seems, that the mobile site is less of a headache. However, I have a couple
of questions:

1. Is there a way to embed videos and links in your posts using the mobile site
as you can with the standard facebook page?

2. This one is more jaws related...I'd like facebook to display the names of
people and interests and so on rather than photos. What i mean by that is that,
as most users probably know already, facebook will tell you that, for example,
someone on your friends list has added so-and-so as a friend, along with six
other people. The first person's username is given, but the rest show only
photos. SImilarly, if I click on someone's profile, I can see only one item for
each category listed displayed as text links, while the rest are all images. If
I click on each image I can find out what they actually represent, but needless
to say I would rather not do this.

Thanks.