Re: FW: audacity

  • From: David Bailes <david_bailes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 14:22:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Barry,

I haven't tried this but here's the page in the audacity manual for the file
menu:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=File_Menu

In the section on the Open dialog,  it says:
You can install the optional FFmpeg library, to import a much larger range of
audio formats (as long as the files are not protected to work only in
particular software). FFmpeg will also import audio from most video files.

Note that the ffmeg library isn't included in the standard installation because
of various patents.

David.