RE: Excel question

  • From: Ann byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:09:19 -0600

If the formula is typed in a cell formatted as text, you won't see the result--just the formula. Ordinarily you read the formula with control-f2 (which reads the formula bar above the spread sheet) and the formula result either by moving to the cell or, when in the cell, with 5 on the num pad.

At 11:44 AM 1/7/2009, you wrote:
Dear Robbie,

Once I've typed in the formula, if I arrow away fro mthat cell and then back into it, JAWS says, for example, "55, has formula," where 55 is the sum of the cells in my formula. Doing insert-F5 also repeats the information in the cell. If this is not working for you, are you sure the formula is typed in exactly? There are no spaces within the formula.

Hope this helps,
Jana