RE: Excel & making formulas drawing from other worksheets

  • From: "Chris Chaffin" <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:18:53 -0400

Hi there,

Lets say that on sheet3 you have three cells that you want to add
together and put the total on sheet1, your summary page.
The 3 cells that you want to add together is cells A5, C5, and F9
The formula would look something like this:
='sheet3'!A5+'sheet3'!c5+'sheet3'!f9

Notice that the name of the sheet is surrounded by an '.

If the cells you want to add together are connected like cells C5, C6,
and C7, then the formula would look like this:
=sum('sheet3'!C5:C7)

Any other questions, please feel free to send me a message off list.
Hope this helps,
Chris

cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx