Re: E-Acute Changing Key Echo

  • From: "Jon C. Pierson" <jpierson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 19:18:15 -0700

Hi Bruce,

Does it say "characters" or anything to indicate that it is firing a script? Also, when you go into Keyboard help and press the same keystroke does it say that this key is assigned to a script?
This one's confuzzling.

Jon C. Pierson

At 06:38 PM 9/19/2005, you wrote:
Can anyone reporduce this?

I have key echo set to none by default. If I'm in Word (2000 at work, 2002 at home, JFW 6.2 in both cases), and I hit a control+apostrophe followed by the letter e for an e-acute, my key echo invariably switches to character. Does anyone have any ideas?

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews
E-mail and MSN/Windows Messenger: dogriver@xxxxxxxx