Re: Does anyone use comcast.com with JAWS?

  • From: "Sean McMahon" <smcmahon@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:12:15 -0700

Ok first of all, I'd recommend getting a registry cleaner like those available
on the jfwlite site.  And do an automatic clean of things you don't need.  Of
course only use the registry if you've exausted all other options I.E. used
uninstall from the particular programs submenu or list of options, then used
add-remove from the control pannel, Used a spy ware remover product, removed the
programs directories and files from your harddrive.  I'd do it in that order.
After that use the regestry cleaner program to remove items from the registry
items it should tell you software and you should be able to use the delete
option from this program.  If the automatic clean doesn't work, then as a last
resort, type regedit from the run dialog box to edit the registry.  You'll have
a treeview with names like HKEY_current user and HKEY_local_machine.  remove
items related to the software from both the current user and local machine
trees.  Items under regedit are listed by corperation so for example, if you
wanted to complete remove microsoft Internet Explorer, you don't want to
completely remove the registry tree Microsoft because all other microsoft stuff
gets removed.  Under the help for regedit there's a command to restore the
changes you did if you screwed something up. First of all if you get to the
regestry point of removing software or the file removing part of removing the
application, I'd call the vendor and explain your case before dinking with the
registry.