RE: Disabling a screen

  • From: "Bill Spiry" <aspiry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 22:30:54 -0800

Might check to see if you have a "function key" on your unit. This is a
special laptop key that is on many models that give you some additional
functionality. On HP and Lenovo it's typically located on the lower left
beside the control key. As to your screen function question, on my Lenovo
and on my last HP holding this function key down and then pressing the "end"
key or "home" key enables me to turn the screen down to black or up to full
brighteness respectively. I do use this for battary management (not to
mention privacy) and it gives me substantially longer battery time.