Re: Did I do the right thing?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:42:31 -0600

Hi. I would say that's pretty much how it is with any version of Windows. When the first version of XP came out back in 01, it was a far cry from what it is now in stability and security, and FS and the other screenreader vendors have had to keep up. But I would wait a while for Vista. I'm a pretty experienced computer user, and even I am to the point where i wait for something to get better because i like stability. I like my operating system to keep working for days on end without some kind of slow down or a crash. I'm sure Vista will be ok eventually but yes, I plan to wait to see what I'm up against screenreader wise. With all thereports I've read about it, the screenreader vendors have been treated to a lot of interesting things.

At 02:52 AM 1/26/2007, you wrote:
Thanks all for your feed back, and ok, now I know how to spell sappi  or
is it sapii or saappii, just kidding folks. But ok, ordered 8.? and
looking forward  to hearing some new voices. And you'll be hearing from
me about using 8 and everyone will most likely get bored with all my same
old questions.
Vista now? In the Smart Computing mag, they didn't have a lot of good to
say about Vista. They say its more of a media   based program with lots
of troubles up front. They hinted at waiting for all the rich folks to
work out the bugs with their extra time and patience and then take a
look.

MMM