Re: Did I do the right thing?

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:59:25 -0600

Hi. Yes, I believe you did the right thing. BTW. the term you're trying to say is Sapi. that's

i.
 that stands for speech application program interface.
but again, yes, you did the right thing. as far as installing it, just follow the onscreen prompts and you should be fine. After you reboot your computer, you may be asked to activate your software again. Don't worry about it though, I don't think it actually counts against the number of activations you have, and even if it is, you are always able to write to FS tech support and ask them to reset your install count back to 3. In other words, you can install JAWS 3 times before you're required to call them on the phone and have them do it that way. but online activation is quite painless, and you only literally have to hit one little button to do it. and JAWS 8.0 is *definitely* better than JAWS 7.10! It's not perfect by any stretch, but on my system, JAWS 7.10 was one of the most unstable versions i've ever seen. So ordering 8 was the right move.

At 09:54 PM 1/25/2007, you wrote:
Hi all and thanks for all your tips.
After reading all your different ideas, especially about the sappii
voices and after doing the math, it was less expensive for me to just
upgrade from 7.1 to 8 Jaws. 8 comes with 7 voices plus the hot key to
switch between jaws voices and the sappii voices for different works. So
I went ahead and ordered Jaws 8.? So, did I do the right thing and is 8
really better than 7.1?
Is there anything to look out for when loading it in?
Any problems to be aware of, I still can cancel the order if need be,
thanks
MMM

Michael Thanks You...
TickTalk Publishing Invites You...
And www.ticktalk.net Welcomes You...
Read Our Stories And Have A Better Life!

http://www.eset.com