RE: Delimiting columns in Notepad

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 03:58:30 -0000

Ann,

If you try opening the file straight into Excel you should get a text
import wizard that will allow you to do this. You'll have to change the
Show What combo in the Open dialogue to "all files" so that you get the
log file in the listview first.

When I did this I found the first three rows and row 5 were redundant so
I deleted them. Row 4 (now row 1) contained the headings to the columns
but the first cell wasn't needed so I deleted that and shifted cells
left to line up the row headings correctly.

Steve