Re: DecExpress with newer PC's

  • From: "Matthew Horspool" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 03:37:37 +0100

Hi,

Cal wrote: "I've heard that you can't get external synthesizers to work with PC's that only come with USB ports..." That's only because most external synthesizers don't have a USB port. If you have one that does it will work just fine.

"... as PC's these days don't come with serial ports anymore that I know of,is there any way to get the DecExpress to work on a new PC?" I doubt it, to be honest. There is a relatively new synthesizer out called the DECtalk USB which is a replacement for the DECtalk Express so you can try that, but I should warn you that if you've used the DEC express you probably won't like the sound of the DEC USB.

Matthew