DSL Modem/Router Accessibility

  • From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:25:05 -0500

My 2WIRE 2701HGB combination DSL modem and router from AT&T recently died, and
now I either need to buy another 2701HGB or find something better.  I am
looking at a Zoom 5695-00-00F model on Newegg.com.  The reviews are pretty
good, and apparently it sets up easily with the AT&T DSL service.

My 2701HGB had a standard web interface that was very screen reader friendly.
Does anyone on the list own any of the Zoom Internet products, and are their
user interfaces screen reader friendly?  Have you run into any brands of
broadband modems and routers that you can't access with your favorite screen
reader?

Due to Internet withdrawal symptoms, I must make a buying decision soon.  This
going back to dialup isn't working out too well, especially since I only have
20 free hours on this backup dialup account.

Any help will be appreciated!

Gary King
mailto:w4wkz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx