Crazy Question: Image Software

  • From: "Alan Dicey" <adicey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 09:42:49 -0400

Hello Folks,
I would never have brought this subject up myself, or asked this question if
this thread did not start up, but  if any kind of program like this exists,
there would be a lot of Blind Chess enthusiasts who are also Computer Users who
would "kill" to get it!

Most Chess Books, are filled with diagrams of Chess Board positions, and of
course we cannot "see" or read them.

We can only read the text, which often refers to the diagrams and makes the
book often almost worthless!

Anyone have any thoughts on how a Blind person might be able to scan and read
these diagrams with JAWS?

Thanks for even a push in the right direction!

With Best Regards,
Alan
Miami, Florida
Alan Dicey, President

"Yes, Blind or Visually Impaired People Can, and Do, Play Chess!!!"

United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://www.crisscrosstech.com/usbca/