Can keyboard controls be added to application-specific keyboard files?

  • From: "Matthew Bullis" <matthewbullis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 18:51:55 -0700

Hello, while going through the default listings in the keyboard manager, there's quite a bit of flexibility in the options. I can set buttons on the braille display to perform certain functions. However, I have to find the function in the list, and then tell it what button to attach itself to, so that when I press that button, it will invoke that function. However, when I go to an application-specific keyboard file, many of those options aren't there, since some don't apply to each application. For instance, if I go to the Winamp keyboard manager file, I don't have things like right arrow or left arrow. I'd like to map them to certain keys on the braille display, but those functions aren't in there. Can you use the menus to train buttons on the display to invoke functions, or would you actually have to copy the bit of code that you want from the default file into the application-specific file? If so, is this easy enough for someone like me who is not a scripter, and I just copy that particular line over to the file that I want and compile?

Thanks a lot.
Matthew
Alternative archives located at: