Re: CD/DVD Burning Software That Works with JAWS 4.51

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:25:19 -0600 (CST)

You have some inexplicable problems with it, but many of us find it one of the simplest programs to use right out of the box with no need for the JAWS cursor or the huge learning curve you ascribe to it.

bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Yardbird wrote:

Once again, I must disagree with Bruce about Easy Cd/DA Extractor.  I don't
consider it a bargain at all, even if it were only five fucks to buy.  it is
not very manageable with Jaws unless you are willing to spend hours of time
floating around the elements in its interface that are visible to Jaws
controls and then learning how to manipulate the Jaws cursor with
considerable expertise.  I do not consider these to be characteristics of a
Jaws-friendly program interface.  I have wasted hours of my life and endured
much self-inflicted stress trying to use all but one or two of this
program's features.  I advise against it.  if you're a formidable jaws
cursor jockey and inveterate explorer   like some others, then feel free to
disregard this opinion.  But this is basically not a useful program if you
just want to use it with the ease you identify as a Jaws user with Word or
your email program.  It is a great mess.  If you want to try it out and see
whether it's for you, you can download it for free and then pay for it
later, but the program is fully functional.  It's just that when you pay,
you get full privileges and free updates.  And maybe the thing expires after
thirty days if you don't pay up.  I forget.