Re: CD for authorization purposes

  • From: "Greg Epley" <gregepley@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:50:08 -0600

It may be an easy thing to call FS to get it reset, but with the frequency I
clean install my machines it is definitly going to be a pain in the butt to
call FS to get this handled.  At least with the floppy system I could move
the authorization back to the floppy, clean install the system, then move
the thing back to the system.  I suppose ILM is progress to some and not to
others.  I had hoped since it has taken longer than FS originally stated to
get ILM rolled out that they had considered this in a way that would let me
"move" the authorization from a system back to theirs and thus do
essentially the same thing we could do with the floppy, but I guess I hope
too much, and expect common sense things like that to be done without having
to suggest it to FS.
-Greg