Re: Blocking text in Word.

  • From: "Debbie Scales" <debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 22:12:43 -0400

Well there is f8, F8 is used to turn Extended Selection mode on. Subsequent
presses of F8
select the current word, sentence, paragraph and document. JAWS announces
the unit being selected and the text of that unit. Other navigational keys
can also be used to extend the selection. Use ESC to exit Extended Selection
Mode.
But here is really what you really want to do with f8, smile.
Find the first place in the document you want to start selecting and enter
something like *** or just something unique.
Go to the end of what you want to select and put the same string ***.
Hit control home to go to the top of the document.
Press control F and find your first ***.
Now escape from the find dialog and hit f8.
Now hit control F again and find your next ***.
Now escape from the find dialog and that text from one *** to another should
be selected.
Now this is extremely important.  Now hit escape to get out of extended
selection mode.
Also remember if you cursor, you will unselect everything, so just do what
you need to do with the selected text.
Debbie