Admin: Server Down Time

  • From: James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 00:42:45 -0500

All,

Word has just been received from on high. As of 9:00 AM on Saturday, the 22
of this month, freelists will be in the midst of an upgrade. This means you
won't be able to send email to the server until it's back up, which should
be by Saturday evening. Keep in mind this is system time, which is pacific
standard time. As it relates to you, it translates to the following timezones.

Downtime begins:
9:00 AM PST
10:00 MST (mountain time)
11:00 AM CST
12:00 PM EST

If anyone does not live in any of these timezones and would like to know
how this effects them, feel free to email me for clarification. It is
recommended that you don't resume sending emails to the list on this date
until:
3:00 PM PST
4:00 PM MST
5:00 PM CST
6:00 PM EST
This is to allow for the server administrators to insure everything is
operational. As always, direct any questions you possess to me.

James,
List Admin