Admin: Extraneous cross-posting.

  • From: "James Homuth" <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 05:55:05 -0400

Please don't forward digest messages from one list to this one. If you have
something you want the list to see, paste the relevant message into a new
email. If you have a question meant for this list, either paste or forward
*just* that question to this list. If you're posting something not to do
with JAWS, rethink posting it. Thank you.

James,
List Admin

Date:    Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:36:43 -0600
From:    Sharon Hooley <shooley2@xxxxx>
Subject: Simple Agenda 2010 Calendar

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CA482D.234EB790

Hi folks, Got this from a friend.  This is called Simple Agenda.

Sharon
SkypeName:
sharon.hooley43

How to use it.
1. Save it on your computer. I save it to the folder, My Documents.
2. Press enter to open it.
3. Arrow down. You will see the day and the month.
4. Find the day of week and the month.
5. When you want to enter a simple note, tab once and edit just like in =
word.
6. Save it with control+s. Then shift+tab.
You can continue if more entries are needed.
At any time you can make changes to your entries saved.
Then close it with alt+F4.
Great for the blind.
Regards,
Gianfranco
My website is
http://dicosmo.ifreepages.com/
PS: I do this agenda calendar ever year and it's for free.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Subscribe: vicug-l-subscribe-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CA482D.234EB790

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi folks, Got this from a friend.&nbsp; =
This is=20
called Simple Agenda.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Sharon<BR>SkypeName:<BR>sharon.hooley43</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How to use it.<BR>1. Save it on your =
computer. I=20
save it to the folder, My Documents.<BR>2. Press enter to open it.<BR>3. =
Arrow=20
down. You will see the day and the month.<BR>4. Find the day of week and =
the=20
month.<BR>5. When you want to enter a simple note, tab once and edit =
just like=20
in word.<BR>6. Save it with control+s. Then shift+tab.<BR>You can =
continue if=20
more entries are needed.<BR>At any time you can make changes to your =
entries=20
saved.<BR>Then close it with alt+F4.<BR>Great for the=20
blind.<BR>Regards,<BR>Gianfranco<BR>My website is<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://dicosmo.ifreepages.com/";>http://dicosmo.ifreepages.com/</A=
><BR>PS:=20
I do this agenda calendar ever year and it's for=20
free.<BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

<hr>
Leave list:

    <a
href=3D"http://listserv.icors.org/archives/vicug-l.html";>http://listserv.i
cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html</a>

    Send questions on list operation to
vicug-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01CA482D.234EB790--

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:24:04 -0600
From:    Sharon Hooley <shooley2@xxxxx>
Subject: Sudden Drop in certain volumes

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CA4833.C0C61760

Hi all!

I've been experiencing some weird volume drops.  I'll be working with =
Windows XP Pro and Jaws 6.1.  Suddenly the Jaws and some of the Windows =
sounds get much softer, while the volume of a game, and the opening and =
closing of Windows sounds remain high.  I had set Jaws to use my main =
sound card because Magic Jack was messing with it and I didn't know how =
to make Jaws work otherwise.  What could be going on here?

Thanks!

Sharon
SkypeName:
sharon.hooley43

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Subscribe: vicug-l-subscribe-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01CA4833.C0C61760

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I've been experiencing some weird =
volume=20
drops.&nbsp; I'll be working with Windows XP Pro and Jaws 6.1.&nbsp; =
Suddenly=20
the Jaws and some of the Windows sounds get much softer, while the =
volume of a=20
game, and the opening and closing of Windows sounds remain high.&nbsp; I =
had set=20
Jaws to use my main sound card because Magic Jack was messing with it =
and I=20
didn't know how to make Jaws work otherwise.&nbsp; What could be going =
on=20
here?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Sharon<BR>SkypeName:<BR>sharon.hooley43</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTM=

Date:    Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:36:53 -0400
From:    Harry Brown <wd8oep2464@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: it's time for us to throw our weight around, folks!

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01CA4857.11E14110

Hi all,
Harry here.
I have had 2 very long days.  I have ben very angry about a few things, =
and something told me, "Harry, instead of being angry about it, throw =
your weight around, and do something about it.
So, here's what has come out of it, and I want your help, if you're in =
this with me, ok?
Below my signature, I've pasted in a letter with language for a piece of =
legislation, and I need you all to get this to people such as:
1.  your congressman/woman
2.  Your 2 US. Senaters from your state.
3.  the ACB, and your state affiliate.
4.  The NFB, and it's state affiliate.
Also, you need to send this to as many blind email lists as you're =
subscribed to.
Let's show these companies we're mad as heck, and we're not gonna take =
it any more.
Now as you'll see, after the word Dear, in the letter, you fill in the =
Congressman/woman's name. For example,
"Dear Congresswoman Miller:"
Also, there is no signature below the sincerely,
so you must sign it.
Let's get'um folks.  We've laid down long enough, and it's time for a =
full court press!
Also, for those of you who want an update on the Motorola situation, =
here it is.
I filed a complaint with the FCC against Motorola, and in a week, I've =
never seen a company run so fast in my life.  All I know is, I'm holding =
right now, in my hands, a Motorola q9C, and it's on the Boost network!
So, 1 person can make the difference, and more than 1?  Well you know =
what will happen if we all get involved on an issue, right?
Harry
Dear ,

I am writing to give you some ideas on the future of the internet and =
cell phones, and a piece of legislation I'd like you to write.

The following things need to be in the legislation:

1.  Force Apple to allow any application to run on the iphone, and not =
just their programs.

2.  Force internet service providers, (ISPs), not to have caps on =
people's internet service, no matter how big the files are.  This is =
what Comcast tried to do in 2008.  Other ISPs are talking about it now.

3.  We must have net neutrality, and prohibit ISPs from allowing and =
preferring certain types of data over other types of data.

4.  Require all cell phones to remain unlocked.  Right now, carriers =
lock cell phones, and do not let users install any piece of software =
other than the software that the cellular phone companies want =
installed.

5.  We need to require major league baseball, the national football =
league, and the national basketball association to allow radio stations =
to stream their games over the internet, which is forbidden now.  I =
called our flagship station for our local NBA team, because the game was =
streaming, and they stopped it, right in the middle of the game.  I was =
told by the board op running the station's control board, "sorry, we had =
to stop streaming this game and all games in the future, because they're =
requiring folks to pay for listening to games, and they want them to =
listen to it on their network.  I had the same experience when calling =
our team's flagship station, concerning our major league baseball team.

6.  Require Microsoft too make their computers speak right out of the =
box, using a fully functioning screen reader.  Blind people should not =
have to pay more money for just using a screen reader to read the =
screen!

7.  Require that Microsoft make windows 7 to look just like windows xp, =
with a start menu, folder views and list views in menus.

8.  Require all cell phone manufacturers to make cell phones with built =
in screen readers for the blind from out of the box, and the blind =
should not have to pay for a separate screen reader to read the screen =
when sighted folks don't have to.

Sincerely,

=20

=20

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Subscribe: vicug-l-subscribe-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01CA4857.11E14110

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Harry here.</DIV>
<DIV>I have had 2 very long days.&nbsp; I have ben very angry about a =
few=20
things, and something told me, "Harry, instead of being angry about it, =
throw=20
your weight around, and do something about it.</DIV>
<DIV>So, here's what has come out of it, and I want your help, if you're =
in this=20
with me, ok?</DIV>
<DIV>Below my signature, I've pasted in a letter with language for a =
piece of=20
legislation, and I need you all to get this to people such as:</DIV>
<DIV>1.&nbsp; your congressman/woman</DIV>
<DIV>2.&nbsp; Your 2 US. Senaters from your state.</DIV>
<DIV>3.&nbsp; the ACB, and your state affiliate.</DIV>
<DIV>4.&nbsp;&nbsp;The NFB, and it's state affiliate.</DIV>
<DIV>Also, you need to send this to as many blind email lists as you're=20
subscribed to.</DIV>
<DIV>Let's show these companies we're mad as heck, and we're not gonna =
take it=20
any more.</DIV>
<DIV>Now as you'll see, after the word Dear, in the letter, you fill in =
the=20
Congressman/woman's name. For example,</DIV>
<DIV>"Dear Congresswoman Miller:"</DIV>
<DIV>Also, there is no signature below the sincerely,</DIV>
<DIV>so you must sign it.</DIV>
<DIV>Let's get'um folks.&nbsp; We've laid down long enough, and it's =
time for a=20
full court press!</DIV>
<DIV>Also, for those of you who want an update on the Motorola =
situation, here=20
it is.</DIV>
<DIV>I filed a complaint with the FCC against Motorola, and in a week, =
I've=20
never seen a company run so fast in my life.&nbsp; All I know is, I'm =
holding=20
right now, in my hands, a Motorola q9C, and it's on the Boost =
network!</DIV>
<DIV>So, 1 person can make the difference, and more than 1?&nbsp; Well =
you know=20
what will happen if we all get involved on an issue, right?</DIV>
<DIV>Harry</DIV>
<DIV>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Dear ,</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">I am writing to give =
you some=20
ideas on the future of the internet and cell phones, and a piece of =
legislation=20
I=92d like you to write.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">The following things =
need to be=20
in the legislation:</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">1.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Force Apple to allow any =
application to=20
run on the iphone, and not just their programs.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">2.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Force internet service =
providers,=20
(ISPs), not to have caps on people=92s internet service, no matter how =
big the=20
files are.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>This is what =
Comcast=20
tried to do in 2008.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; =
</SPAN>Other ISPs are=20
talking about it now.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">3.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>We must have net neutrality, =
and=20
prohibit ISPs from allowing and preferring certain types of data over =
other=20
types of data.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">4.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Require all cell phones to =
remain=20
unlocked.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Right now, =
carriers lock=20
cell phones, and do not let users install any piece of software other =
than the=20
software that the cellular phone companies want installed.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">5.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>We need to require major =
league=20
baseball, the national football league, and the national basketball =
association=20
to allow radio stations to stream their games over the internet, which =
is=20
forbidden now.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I called =
our=20
flagship station for our local NBA team, because the game was streaming, =
and=20
they stopped it, right in the middle of the game.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I was told by the board op =
running the=20
station=92s control board, =93sorry, we had to stop streaming this game =
and all=20
games in the future, because they=92re requiring folks to pay for =
listening to=20
games, and they want them to listen to it on their network.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>I had the same experience when =
calling=20
our team=92s flagship station, concerning our major league baseball =
team.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">6.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Require Microsoft too make =
their=20
computers speak right out of the box, using a fully functioning screen=20
reader.<SPAN style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Blind people =
should not=20
have to pay more money for just using a screen reader to read the =
screen!</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">7.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Require that Microsoft make =
windows 7 to=20
look just like windows xp, with a start menu, folder views and list =
views in=20
menus.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">8.<SPAN=20
style=3D"mso-spacerun: yes">&nbsp; </SPAN>Require all cell phone =
manufacturers to=20
make cell phones with built in screen readers for the blind from out of =
the box,=20
and the blind should not have to pay for a separate screen reader to =
read the=20
screen when sighted folks don=92t have to.</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Sincerely,</P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><?xml:namespace =
prefix =3D o ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P>
<P class=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0in 0in =
10pt"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

<hr>
Leave list:

    <a
href=3D"http://listserv.icors.org/archives/vicug-l.html";>http://listserv.i
cors.or g/archives/vicug-l.html</a>

    Send questions on list operation to
vicug-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01CA4857.11E14110--

End of VICUG-L Digest - 7 Oct 2009 to 8 Oct 2009 (#2009-253)
Alternative archives located at:

Alternative archives located at: