Re: AOL and IE

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:26:58 -0800

Hi,
You wrote:

> Dear AOL users-
> How do you get to the good old internet from the AOL interface?  I
> just learned that Control-O does not bring up the open dialog and my
> student could not locate an option to go straight to IE.

I tried this while visiting my sister's place and using her computer. She
was using AOL at the time and has since switched to Adelphia cable, thank
God. Anyhow, if memory serves, once I connected to AOL, I minimized the AOL
main window, then launched Internet Explorer from the desktop as I normally
would. I was pleased to discover that IE hadn't been severely tweaked by the
AOL installation and that I was able to do everything that I needed to do at
the time, specifically, go up to the Symantec web site, browse around  and
purchase a Norton upgrade and subscription for my sister's machine. When I
was finished, I then exited IE normally, went back into the AOL window and
signed off. Hope this helps.

Tom