Re: ABOUT MY COMPUTER AT WORK

  • From: "Peter Holdstock" <peterholdstock@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 10:37:59 +0100

I've had similar issues with a computer at work.

It turned out my problem was that my setting were on a FAP server which was changed and so JAWS couldn't find my user settings. It caused it to do really strange things including announcing space and paragraph characters in Word, not reading menus properly, and basically getting stranger as time went on.

What was strange was that it got worse over time after the server change, it didn't all just go wrong straight away.

Anyway, our IT guys pointed JAWS back in the right direction of the settings and all is well.

One other issue I have found with JAWS on my computer at work, is locking the PC. If I lock the PC to go away from my desk, JAWS then has problems once I log back on.

I've been advised not to lock it it, but restart it every time.

Peter