[jawsscripts] Re: new to scripting, need to learn

  • From: Marlon Brandão de Sousa <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 13:14:10 -0300

Hello Dave,
You can also read the jaws scripting manual which will perhaps feet
better if you need some programming concepts.
Anyway please research the list history cinse questions like the one
you asked are pretty common and a long and productive discussion about
tutorials, features and etc have already taken place.
btw I am proude you followed my suggestions and now are ready to
become one more scripter. Be welcome and if you need help in your
learning just ask and we will try to help you.
Marlon

2009/7/23, Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>:
> See my post to Dr. Love. Same applies.
>
> On 7/23/09, Dave <dave.mehler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>      I'm using jfw 10. I've done some light scripting a few years back in
>> the jfw 4.5/5 days, but have forgot most of it and have not kept up on the
>> changes. I've got the jfw scripting guide and was looking for additional
>> help learning scripting.
>>      I want to script vmware workstation 6.5, which for those who don't
>> know allow one to run virtual machines, computers within computers,
>> multiple
>> operating systems that kind of thing. The issues i need to tackle in
>> vmware
>> workstation are:
>>
>> 1. Window classes are not recognized by jfw, i can jaws cursor around and
>> get the information but tabbing and alting to get to menu does not give
>> feedback
>> 2. The menu does not speak when entering, leaving, or announcing which top
>> level menu, file, edit, etc. one is on, if your in the menus jfw reads
>> fine.
>> 3. I'm not certain if there's a cursor or if buttons need to be mouse
>> clicked, but in either case i'd like to make the buttons such as new,
>> open,
>> and settings tabbable.
>>
>>      Any guidance appreciated.
>> Thanks.
>> Dave.

>> Visit and contribute to The JAWS Script Repository http://jawsscripts.com

> Change the world--1 deed at a time
> Jackie McBride
> Check out my homepage at:
> www.abletec.serverheaven.net
> & please join my fight against breast cancer
> <http://teamacs.acsevents.org/site/TR?px=1790196&pg=personal&fr_id=3489>

free."
Linus Torvalds