[jawsscripts] new to scripting, need to learn

  • From: "Dave" <dave.mehler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:16:45 -0400

Hello,
        I'm using jfw 10. I've done some light scripting a few years back in
the jfw 4.5/5 days, but have forgot most of it and have not kept up on the
changes. I've got the jfw scripting guide and was looking for additional
help learning scripting.
        I want to script vmware workstation 6.5, which for those who don't
know allow one to run virtual machines, computers within computers, multiple
operating systems that kind of thing. The issues i need to tackle in vmware
workstation are:

1. Window classes are not recognized by jfw, i can jaws cursor around and
get the information but tabbing and alting to get to menu does not give
feedback
2. The menu does not speak when entering, leaving, or announcing which top
level menu, file, edit, etc. one is on, if your in the menus jfw reads fine.
3. I'm not certain if there's a cursor or if buttons need to be mouse
clicked, but in either case i'd like to make the buttons such as new, open,
and settings tabbable.

        Any guidance appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.