[jawsscripts] Re: need help to create a script in the word jitter game

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:21:01 -0700

Nicol:

Using the findString function can always be a bit of a trial-&-error
proposition, because one is never certain of the window. I tend to
start out using GetAppMainWindow(GetCurrentWindow()) or
GetTopLevelWindow(GetCurrentWindow()).

Also, since findString actually returns an integer, I tend to
construct my finds like:
if (FindString(GetAppMainWindow(GetCurrentWindow()), "was", s_top,
s_unrestricted)) then
   bla bla bla
endif

It's rather like using a shotgun instead of a pistol--your coverage
becomes a whole lot wider.

HTH.

On 1/31/11, NIcol <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list
> I purchased word strain volume 1; a game from  www.bscgames.com.
> In word jitter if the time is up I would like to put my cursor on the word
> that I were unable to unscramble.
> I experience a problem.
> First I route jaws to pc.
> Then I press insert plus r until it says current.
> I press control plus insert plus f and I type the word,  was, since the word
> I want to put my cursor on is next to the word, was.
> The sentence is:
> For example.
> The word was stopes.
>  So I type the word, was, into the jaws find dialogue and hit enter.
> Jaws tells me search string not found.
> So I went and created the following script.
> Script MoveToWord ()
> FindString (GetCurrentWindow (), "was", s_next, s_restricted)
> EndScript
> But the script does not work.
> It doesn't put me on the word,  was.
> Your help is much appreciated.