[jawsscripts] Re: logging multiple debug statements for later examination?

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:38:38 -0500

Hi Mark,
I've done JAWS scripting for a while one, and I always wondered how to make
OutputDebugString work. Thanks for the very clear post.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810

Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog

From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [jawsscripts] logging multiple debug statements for later
examination?

Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 18:23:38 +1100

Hi Scripters.

as per subject line, If I've got a number of things going on in a
script, and I've got a number of SayString debug statements along the
way gleaning bits of information which will help me determine the
accuracy of my logic flow, or whatever the funky term is for that, How
might I most optimally log those to a file for later more careful and
thoughtful examination, rather than having them just all spoken out in a
big stream by jaws as the script proceeds, and which of course I forget
by the end of it? <smile.> would I use some kind of iniwrite
functionality or something? or do people think it would be optimal to
use the append to clipboard functionality and just have all the debug
statements shoved on there, for later pasting into a file?

any info warmly appreciated.

Geoff c.

for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have