[jawsscripts] Re: logging multiple debug statements for later examination?

  • From: "Mike O'Brien" <mike23432@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 12:40:30 -0500

Hi Jeff

I prefer to use AppendToClipboard rather than SayString for debugging
messages.  I put a CopyToClipboard statement into the AutoStart function to
clear the clipboard, then use the AppendToClipboard to write any debugging
information I want.  Then when the script has run, I open or switch to
NotePad, or the favorite text editor, clear whatever it may contain, and
then paste  the clipboard.  Then I can study it all I want.  As the e-mails
about piping a string variable to a txt file pointed out, it's not that
simple to write to a file from a JAWS script.