[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V6 #162

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:38:07 -0700

Actually, Paul, u have 2 scripts--1 in default.jss, & the other in
word. If that is the case--& I'm guessing that is what you're
saying--then the 1 in word takes precedence in word, i.e., the
application script always takes precedence over the default.

I don't have office 2010, so I can't help w/query #1.

On 7/31/12, Paul Bonarrigo <pjbonarrigo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> New Topic for the day. Word forms and multiple languages.
> I've created a Bilingual form, English and Spanish.
> If the form is not protected, language detection works with Jaws.
> If the form is protected, which it will be, Jaws speaks everything in
> whatever language is currently set.
> I am using the paragraph method as opposed to the help properties method.
> Better said, a protectedform field preceded by a paragraph of around 240
> characters or less, causes Jaws to say the paragraph as the prompt.
> This is true if there is no overriding help text set in the form property,
> and yes, this is the case.
> I was hoping that Jaws would pick up the language change automatically.
> Freedom Scientific support has claimed over the years that this is the
> way protected forms work; no language support.
> I was hoping Office 2010 would change this but didn't.
> So for question number 1, I just want to confirm that this is still the way
> things work.
> If so, I would like to script language detection myself.
> So for question number 2, I would like to override the scripting code where
> Jaws speaks the form prompt.
> SayWindowPrompAndText exists in Word.jss but it looks like I have to
> override some lower script.
> Does anyone know what JSS file contains the SayWindowPromptAndText script
> that eventually processes the protected form's prompt text?
>
> Here's an example: Hold out your hands, palms up and say, Ven acá, come
> here.
> I'll probably use some special character to mark the beginning and end of
> Spanish language.Here's an example: Hold out your hands, palms up and say,
> →Ven acá←, come here.
> For Jaws users, I placed a special arrow before and after the Spanish, Ven
> acá, to specify start and end of Spanish.
> Paul Bonarrigo

> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2012 10:09 PM
> Subject: jawsscripts Digest V6 #162
>
> jawsscripts Digest    Thu, 26 Jul 2012    Volume: 06  Issue: 162
>
> In This Issue:
>         [jawsscripts] JAWS and FocusVisible effects
>         [jawsscripts] Re: Can I use perform script at a variable?
>         [jawsscripts] Re: Can I use perform script at a variable?
>         [jawsscripts] Re: JAWS and FocusVisible effects
>         [jawsscripts] Re: JAWS and FocusVisible effects
>         [jawsscripts] clicking a column header in a listview
>         [jawsscripts] Re: clicking a column header in a listview
>         [jawsscripts] Re: Can I use perform script at a variable?
>         [jawsscripts] latest update of aim 7.5 not working with the

> From: Scott Huey <shuey@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [jawsscripts] JAWS and FocusVisible effects
> Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 19:42:34 +0000
>
> This is my first time posting to the List, so please bear with me. Short
> version of my question, in case anyone technically minded has a snap answer:
> Does JAWS 13 have any method for tracking the FocusVisible effect in a .NET
> program?
> The long, explanatory version:

> [...]

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com