[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V6 #159

  • From: Paul Bonarrigo <pjbonarrigo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:33:05 -0700 (PDT)

Word forms in Jaws.

I want to create a bilingual protected word form but language does not switch.
I create a simple form. <<these are comments>>

<<launch MS Word>>
<<set office language to EN, English (US)>>
Hi, my name is Paul [textformfield1]<<set office language to ES, Spanish
(Mexico)>>Hola, mi nombre es Pablo. [textformfield2]
<<set office language to EN, English (US)>>
Goodbye [textformfield3]

There is no overriding text in the help text properties of the form fields.
I just want Jaws to speak the paragraph in front of each text form field in the
language it was typed.
If I unprotect the form, Jaws reads each line in it's proper language. English,
Spanish, English.
If I unprotect the form, I no longer have a form, so that's no good.
When I protect the form, Jaws speaks all text in it's synthesiser language,
thus English, English (not Spanish), English
I could script an override of TAB and ARROW scripts, and based on some line
indicator, I could change Jaws synthesiser language.

I have battled with this for years but Office 2010 claims they handle languages
better.
Apparently, Jaws speaks form field prompt text in its current synthesizer
language without any document format.
At least that's my conclusion.
I hope someone proves me wrong.
It would be nice for Jaws to switch languages when the word document switches
languages.
I was hoping to change languages in mid sentence but that seems to be overly
ambitious.
For example:<<set office language to EN, English (US)>> Do you speak Spanish?
<<set office language to ES, Spanish (Mexico)>> Hola, mi nombre es Pablo.
[textformfield1]

________________________________
From: "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Can I use perform script at a variable?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:16:57 +0700

Hi listers
In some cases i have more than one script wich have the same body, but the last
line of it calls an other script (perform script). So is their anyway to write
a function with a parameter, and use the perform script method at a variable?
If we can do that, I think the script will be much smaller.
Thanks for any advisor
________________
Dang Manh Cuong
HCMC University of Pedagogy:
The Psychology and education
Mobile: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx
Yahoo! ID: manhcuong0312
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
Blog: http://vi.netlog.com/Cuong_littlecat
Website: http://ngoisaodanduong.com/
http://www.saomaicenter.org/
Projec-Website: http://dangmanhcuong.googlecode.com/

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:25:36 -0400
From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Can I use perform script at a variable?

Not sure this will help much, but I think it's what you're requesting:

void function runScript(string sScriptName)
formatStringWithEmbeddedFunctions("<$" +sScriptName +">")
endFunction

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 08:16:57PM +0700, Dang Manh Cuong wrote:
Hi listers
In some cases i have more than one script wich have the same body, but the last
line of it calls an other script (perform script). So is their anyway to write
a function with a parameter, and use the perform script method at a variable?
If we can do that, I think the script will be much smaller.
Thanks for any advisor
________________
Dang Manh Cuong
HCMC University of Pedagogy:
The Psychology and education
Mobile: +84 902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx
Yahoo! ID: manhcuong0312
Skype name: dangmanhcuong
Blog: http://vi.netlog.com/Cuong_littlecat
Website: http://ngoisaodanduong.com/
http://www.saomaicenter.org/
Projec-Website: http://dangmanhcuong.googlecode.com/
__________???

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller

------------------------------

From: "Dang Manh Cuong" <dangmanhcuong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:40:01 +0700

Hello Dug
It didn't work. When I create a test script and call this function, if i don't
put the script name in quotation, i can't compile, and if I put it in quotation
mark, I can compile, but it didn't call the script I want. Anyway, Thanks for
your suggestion.

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:44:37 -0400
From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

UYou must either quote the script name in the call or use a variable:

var string scr let scr = "myScript"
runScript(scr)

should do the same as performScript myScript().

I use this method of calling scripts in some projects, though not
many.

From: "Ruchi Patil" <ruchi_patil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Mind map tools
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:46:44 +0530

Dear All,

I am a mother of a 9 year old blind kid, forever in the look out for tools
that would aid his learning and recreation.

The tools that I am presently trying to find are mind mapping tools.

I bought one called draft builder from don johnston's tools but found it
completely inaccessible.

I was wondering if jawsscripts could be written to make the product
accessible?

If there is anyone willing to take up the task on a paid basis too, I am
willing to get it done.

Thanks and wish you all loads of good luck.

Warm regards,

Ruchi

------------------------------

Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Scripting alternative for highlight tracking if cust
From: Bram Duvigneau <bram@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:59:50 +0200

Hi all,

Just want to thank you all on the good advise here.

The custom script I wrote worked for a while, but suddenly stopped working.
Some deeper investigation turned out that JAWS is being very buggy in
determining a script/configuration name for an application. The application I
was working on identified as "borland.vcl.dll". JAWS was sometimes trying to
load "borland.jss" and "borland.vcl.jss" at other times.

So, to make a long story short. Just putting a SwitchConfiguration("borland")
in "borland.vcl.jss" ensured that I always had the expected script and JCF file
loaded. After that I disabled my custom script and added a custom highlightâ?¦
guess what? It worked fine!

Please note that insert+q always says "borland.vcl.dll" every time, only way to
check what really is loaded is putting some debug code in an AutoStartEvent. I
hope you remember this whenever you face this bugginess and that it does not
waste that much of your valuable time as it did for me.

Bram

Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:47:12 -0700
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: Scripting alternative for highlight tracking if
From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>

This is what the confignames.ini file is all about, i.e., put in
something like boreland*=boreland.jss or whatever it is & you're
golden.

On 7/23/12, Bram Duvigneau <bram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just want to thank you all on the good advise here.
>
> The custom script I wrote worked for a while, but suddenly stopped working.
> Some deeper investigation turned out that JAWS is being very buggy in
> determining a script/configuration name for an application. The application
> I was working on identified as "borland.vcl.dll". JAWS was sometimes trying
> to load "borland.jss" and "borland.vcl.jss" at other times.
>
> So, to make a long story short. Just putting a
> SwitchConfiguration("borland") in "borland.vcl.jss" ensured that I always
> had the expected script and JCF file loaded. After that I disabled my custom
> script and added a custom highlightâ?¦ guess what? It worked fine!
>
> Please note that insert+q always says "borland.vcl.dll" every time, only way
> to check what really is loaded is putting some debug code in an
> AutoStartEvent. I hope you remember this whenever you face this bugginess
> and that it does not waste that much of your valuable time as it did for
> me.
>
> Bram
> On 19 jul. 2012, at 15:32, Jerry Posey wrote:
>
>> For some reason I had to do that to get it to read correctly is all I can
>> say. It might be because the program is written in cobol and is more like
>> dos program than a windows program. I've got other pieces of script in
>> the
>> same overall script that don't use the route JAWS to PC. I just copied a
>> piece of code to give you an idea of where to start.
>> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Bram Duvigneau <bram@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Thanks for your reply.
>>> Could you explain the routing of JAWS to PC cursor? If I read this
>>> correctly, the FindColors function would set the JAWS cursor to the
>>> found
>>> position if any, but before you speak the text you are already routing
>>> the
>>> JAWS cursor back to the PC cursor?
>>>
>>> Bram

>>> First

>>> reads
>>> by

>>> example

>>> __________�

>> --
>> Jerry Posey
>> Envision Industries
>>
>> *Career opportunities for people with vision loss*

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com