[jawsscripts] Re: jawsscripts Digest V6 #149

  • From: Paul Bonarrigo <pjbonarrigo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:39:04 -0700 (PDT)

Questions on eGain mail management product.
An employer wants me to make eGain accessible for a current jaws user.
I installed 2.0.1 of Java access bridge, no improvement, minimal speech.
Has anyone ever evaluated or scripted eGain products?
I'm wondering if 2.0.2 Java access bridge will show any improvement.
Using 2.01 on XP and 32 bit PC's worked well in the past, provided the
developer followed Sun's accessibility rules.
Here's the jaws users specs.  I don't have the JRE version yet.
Windows XP sp 3, Jaws 13.0.303, 32 bit PC,  IE 8.0.6001, eGain Mail Management
10.
I'm looking for a short answer right now.
I have access to the head developer of Java access bridge at Oracle, the
employer's I T, and soon eGain's technical support.
Right now I'm trying to determine what starting direction to go in this project.
I plan to try Window-Eyes and NVDA but the employer would like to standardize
on a Jaws version.
Right now I'm in evaluation mode, initial research.
I've done Jaws scripting for about five years, commercial software developement
for around 20.
I visit employers who show interest in multiple new hires of blind and visually
impaired employees.
This employer wants to resolve accessibility issues for their current Jaws user
and then interview, train, and hire more blind agents.
________________________________
From: "Tony Hernandez" <tonyhspeaks@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] wordfunc
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:29:02 -0400

Hi all.
I noticed that the source for WordFunc.jsb isn't available on the harddrive.
Is it possible to get a copy of this file or did FS decide not to make the
source code available for proprietary reasons?  Thanks in advance for any info.
The reason I am asking is that I use a program in my jobb that activates an
instance of the _WwG class that MS Word uses, and I would like the scripts for
that program to act the same way as those for word, telling me about spelling
errors and the like.

Tony

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:53:52 -0400
From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jawsscripts] Re: wordfunc

WordFunc source is not given out by Freedom Scientific, but it may
help you to look at WordFunc.jsd for the documentation on the
functions in that file.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 09:29:02AM -0400, Tony Hernandez wrote:
Hi all.
I noticed that the source for WordFunc.jsb isn't available on the harddrive.
Is it possible to get a copy of this file or did FS decide not to make the
source code available for proprietary reasons?  Thanks in advance for any info.
The reason I am asking is that I use a program in my jobb that activates an
instance of the _WwG class that MS Word uses, and I would like the scripts for
that program to act the same way as those for word, telling me about spelling
errors and the like.

Tony
__________???

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller

------------------------------

From: "Tony Hernandez" <tonyhspeaks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:13:02 -0400

Thanks Doug.  I think that will help indeed.  It seems obvious now that you
mention it.  Thank you for the idea.

------------------------------

From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:07:38 +1000

Doug why would FS make such a decision re the WordFunc source scripts?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:12:21 -0400
From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I assume it's to protect an investment they made into figuring out how
to do a lot of fancy stuff with object models. I like when they
release source, but it is of course their choice when and how to do
so.

Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand
mailto:doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; http://www.ssbbartgroup.com/
"While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done,
it was done." --Helen Keller

End of jawsscripts Digest V6 #149