[jawsscripts] Writing to an ini file in XP

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <jaws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:59:03 +0100

Hi

I am trying to write a string to an ini file with jaws using Windows XP.

This function gets the user account of the person logged onto the host
computer and writes a string to an ini file stored in a folder there.

Using Vista, this function works perfectly well and I get good results every
time I use it. However, with XP, the ini file is not created the first time
or the string written to it subsequently.  Has anyone any idea why the file
cannot be written to with XP please?

The function is below.  Incidentally, the MSG3 reference relates to the end
of the file path which is
\\mctwit\\mctwit.ini

If I copy the string to the clipboard, or have it spelled out, the path
retrieved is perfect.  The file is just not written to with XP. Similarly if
I use the run function, the file is not run if it exists.

Function DisableSpeech ()
let a = GetUserSettingsDirectory ()
let a = StringReplaceSubstrings (a, MSG1, MSG2)
let iSegment = StringSegmentIndex (a, a, "Freedom", false)
let ISegment = ISegment - 3
let a = SubString (a, 1, ISegment)
let a = a+MSG3
IniWriteString ("Configuration", "EnhancedSpeech", "n", a, true)

EndFunction