[jawsscripts] Re: Virtual cursor active in the script manager?

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 10:28:00 -0400

Hi Paul,

I never used JAWS 8.  I jumped from 5.1 to 9, due to serious problems with
the original ILM implementation.  What are textUnitRules?

Yes I have had Script Manager unexpectedly switch and / or get stuck on the
wrong voice.  I use the Karen Real Speak Solo Direct voice as my default
right now (I like the Australian accent).  Sometimes it switches to Daniel
in the manner you discuss.  I have my Speech scheme set to have Daniel say
items in quotes.  Occasionally Daniel will decide that he does not want
anyone else to speak again after  the end quote.  This is distracting, but
not critical.  If it bugs me too much, I unload and restart JAWS.

Don Marang