[jawsscripts] Use statements and .jsd processing

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:53:30 -0400 (EDT)

I have an application.jss that is basically a container for Use
"Component.jsb" statements.  Multiple components include Script
definitions with assignments in application.jkm.  I have not figured out
the pattern yet, but some of these scripts are not being found by JAWS.
It gives an error message when the key is pressed about not finding the
associated script name.

Can anyone share tips on how to make such container files as robust as
possible?  Does JAWS process each component.jsd file?  Are such .jsd files
necessary for JAWS to find scripts referenced by a Use statement.  Is it
better to have a single application.jsd file that combines all the
component.jsd files?  Should JAWS find an FS-supplied component.jsd file
in the shared folder, or should a copy be put in the user folder?

Jamal