[jawsscripts] Trying to use Jaws UIA Script API

  • From: "John Robichaud" <John_Robichaud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JawScripts" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 16:07:37 -0500

I'm trying to use the Jaws UIA Script API to speak the name of a pushbutton
in an application.  This is Windows 7 and Jaws 15.0.5056.
I've used MicroSoft's Inspect tool to reveal the object hierarchy.  My code
follows:

Var object MyObject, object MyTreeWalker

Let MyObject = CreateObjectEx("FreedomSci.UIA", false,
"UIAScriptAPI.x.manifest")

Let MyTreeWalker = MyObject.ControlViewWalker

SayString(MyTreeWalker.GoToFirstChild().GoToNextSibling().GoToNextSibling().
GoToNextSibling().GoToFirstChild().GoToFirstChild().Name)

I know the name that should be spoken for this element but I get nothing.  I
suspect that I'm not using the Tree Walker piece correctly. Can anyone help
with this?

John Robichaud