[jawsscripts] Re: Table counts

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 14:38:33 -0400

Apologies if this is entirely misguided, because I haven't been
following this thread very carefully, but I recommend looking at the
following functions:  GetListOfTables, GetTableIndex,
MoveToTable, MoveToTableByIndex.  If there's no GetTableCount
function, you could use StringSegmentCount on the result of
GetListOfTables to get one.

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 12:20:28PM -0600, Don Mauck wrote:

   Hello,

   Ok, I now know what is going on with my crazy table scripts.  In the
   old version (6.2) of jaws, all the table rendering took place by
   looking at the HTML itself.  Now in later releases, Jaws started
   looking at the DOM instead therefore, when the script wraps to the top
   or the first table, the dom takes preference over my column and row
   variable and repositions the cursor in the first cell of the first
   table.

   So now my question becomes,

   1.  Is there a way to count the number of tables on a page and know
   that number.

   2.  Is there a way to keep track of that number as it changes each
   time it reads the next table down so I can do some kind of comparison
   so that when I get to the bottom and go back to the first table I can
   use a JumpToCell of the first table and start over again?

   I don't know if this is even possible, but in theory it sounds good.

   [1]Oracle
   Don Mauck | Accessibility Evangelist
   Cross Applications Unlimited
   7700 Technology Way