[jawsscripts] Table counts

  • From: "Don Mauck" <don.mauck@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:20:28 -0600

Hello,
Ok, I now know what is going on with my crazy table scripts.  In the old
version (6.2) of jaws, all the table rendering took place by looking at the
HTML itself.  Now in later releases, Jaws started looking at the DOM instead
therefore, when the script wraps to the top or the first table, the dom takes
preference over my column and row variable and repositions the cursor in the
first cell of the first table.
So now my question becomes,
1.  Is there a way to count the number of tables on a page and know that
number.
2.  Is there a way to keep track of that number as it changes each time it
reads the next table down so I can do some kind of comparison so that when I
get to the bottom and go back to the first table I can use a JumpToCell of the
first table and start over again?
I don't know if this is even possible, but in theory it sounds good.

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/>
Don Mauck | Accessibility Evangelist
Cross Applications Unlimited
7700 Technology Way