[jawsscripts] Retrieving segments of ini file keys

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <jaws@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:51:56 +0100

Hi

I was yesterday trying to create intuitive access for someone to some
on-screen data and came against a problem which I wonder if anyone could
maybe help to solve.

I have data within an ini file.  The file contains a section of course,
together with a key within the section.  The key itself contains at least
six lines of text, each separated by a vertical bar which is necessary for
formulating the contents of the key into a list box.

When the script is launched to gather the information, it uses the
INIReadString function to read the appropriate section and key from the ini
file, and presents the data in a list box using DLGSelectItemInList.  All of
that works perfectly and the items are nicely presented in the list.  When I
arrow down to the required item and press Enter, the index position is
correctly recalled.

However, when I press Enter on an item, I want that particular segment of
the key to be recalled and acted upon.  For example, if I arrow down to the
second item in the list and press Enter, I want the second segment of the
key (IE the second line) to be spoken.  I guess my question is how can I get
the appropriate segment of the ini file returned as a string?  If I use
Let whatever = IniReadString (section, key, "", FileName)
That Will retrieve everything within the key rather than the segment.

I hope someone is able to help with that please.

Thank you.

Brian Hartgen