[jawsscripts] Restricitng Braille in Windows Live chat window

  • From: "Travis Roth" <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:08:08 -0500

Hi,

Using Windows Live Messenger, in the chat window if I tab to the message
log, the first 20 cells of the braille display are typically wasted by blank
space.
I tried setting the left margin to the maximum value but this didn't have
any effect.

I have sometimes been able to get JAWS to left-margin Braille by setting the
braille restriction to the current window using the SetBrailleRestriction()
function in conjunction with a focus event such as HandleCustomWindow().

But in Windows Live Messenger I cannot find the right receipe to get this to
work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.