[jawsscripts] Re: Need help. script not working

  • From: Lennie Rinaldi <merlin739@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 15:05:09 -0400

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, I still cannot get the script to work. I included the modification as you suggested, but somehow I must be missing something. I omitted the part of checking for album tag. The control ID that I am trying to get to does not have a MSAA object name.

Thanks for your help.

Lennie

The script is below:

Script GoToLinkAlbum ()

Var

handle hGrip,

string sLink

let sLink = "Link album to disc"

TypeKey (cKSDetail)

TabKey ()

let hGrip = GetCurrentWindow ()

If MoveToControl (hGrip, 96) then

SayWord ()

Else

        SayMessage  (OT_ERROR, "The link album to disc cannot be found")

SaveCursor ()

RouteJAWSToPc ()

JAWSCursor ()

JAWSPageUp ()

JAWSEnd ()

LeftMouseButton ()

RestoreCursor ()

EndIf

EndScript

At 02:52 PM 4/21/2008, you wrote:
Instead of a While loop and multiple tab presses, a couple of shortcut methods you can use are: 1. If you already have the window handle in hGrip, and already know the control ID is 96, then use
If MoveToControl(hGrip,96) Then
    ; Finds, then moves mouse to the link...
    LeftMouseButton()
    PcCursor()
Else
    Say("Link not found.",ot_error)
EndIf
It will activate the JawsCursor and move to the control.
All you need is the LeftMouseButton and PcCursor().

2. If it has an MSAA object name...you can manually go to the link, and while on that puppy, do the following:
a. Hit Insert+Space to activate Home Row.
b. Hit F9 and F10 to cycle through the MSAA values (if it has any), and see if the MSAA name has any text.
c. Press Insert+Space to toggle out of Home Row mode.
If it has an MSAA name with the same text as what you have saved in sLink, then use the following to move to, and activate that puppy:

If ClickObjectByName(hGrip,sLink,1) Then
    ; Finds, and clicks on the link, if it is there.
    Return
Else
    ;If it isn't, then it returns the error message.
    Say("Link not found.",ot_error)
    EndIf

These methods should shorten your script, and thereby make it less prone to errors when executing.
Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Dennis Brown