[jawsscripts] JAWS not reading checked/unchecked status of items, any thoughts?

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 10:40:40 +1100

HI Philip, I've re titled this subject in order to maybe achieve a greater
hit rate on your problem.  Bottom line is, I've seen this issue before lots
too, and yeah, I guess I've just found no other solution than to suck it up
and route jaws to pc and in case of radio buttons anywayz, which I know is
different than check box statuses etc, checked whether ther'es a bullet, or
something corner, whose name escapes me now, to indicate
checked/selected/unchecked status of items.

i've often wondered the same too, about how exaclty jaws does handle/read
the state of checked items etc, and if anyone would care to comment whose
had some real experience or has knowledge of how this is done, in order to
know where philip may begin to tweak, I'm sure we'd all be very greatful for
the sharing thereof.

Geoff c.