[jawsscripts] Re: How to use SayUsingVoice function

  • From: "Paul Magill" <magills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:41:06 +1100

Hi Dung,

Sorry, but I think that function is not intended for what you are looking
for...

The choice of voices that it can use, are only from the currently running
synthesiser, and are the global , keyboard, message & Jaws cursor voices as
listed below.

See the extract from the Freedom Scientific FSDN below...

The constants referred to are in the HJConst.jsh file, which is in the
allUsers folder of Jaws.

FSDN extract:
Function: SayUsingVoice
Description
Speak a string of text using a specific synthisizer voice.

Returns
Type: Void

Parameters
Param 1:
Type: String
constants are defined in the file hjconst.jsh and are listed below:
VCTX_GLOBAL, VCTX_MESSAGE, VCTX_KEYBOARD, VCTX_SCREEN, VCTX_PCCURSOR,
VCTX_JAWSCURSOR
Include: Required