[jawsscripts] Re: How to capture text between two points in an editor?

  • From: "Bryan Garaventa" <bgaraventa11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:42:30 -0700

I tried this a bit last night, but ran into a similar problem, since the
rectangle doesn't remain proportional as more items are selected line by
line and word by word, etc.

The GetTextBetween function appears to only return the text at the same
horizontal position, so only one line at a time gets announced instead of
the whole string from beginning to end.

Perhaps a recursive function would do the trick, where each line is recorded
into an array string to record the leftEdge and rightEdge coordinates, and
when the horizontal position changes, a new array value can be added to the
string, which can then be parsed later to get the variable selected text
line by line using GetTextBetween, then string all of them together to make
a complete string. I think, I'll have to experiment a bit later tonight to
see if this is possible.

Too bad there doesn't appear to be a recursive function to get all of the
text from the top-left position through the bottom-right position in the
same manner as a frame is created.