[jawsscripts] Re: Help With Automatic Window Reading Code

  • From: "Homme, James" <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:01:56 -0400

Hi Chad,
Thanks to you, I think I have an approach. Here's what I think I'll do. Tell me
if you think it will work.

I'll write a test script that speaks the x and y hierarchy information for
whatever window the current cursor I'm using is in.

I'll get that information and use it in new text event or whatever other
scripts I come up with. I'll check to see if the text comes from the window by
seeing if get window hierarchy x and get window hierarchy y match the two
pieces of information I got manually. I would expect that the hierarchy
information would be the same unless they make a new version of the program.
Then, all bets are off.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme
Usability Services
412-544-1810
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"You can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it" -- Jim Homme Sr.